SLA offers a comprehensive benefits program with a wide range of benefit plans to accommodate the diverse lifestyles of our employees and their families. Most of the benefits outlined below cover the employee, spouse or domestic partner, and eligible children or dependents.
- Preferred Provider Organization (PPO) and Health Maintenance Organization (HMO) medical plans
- Prescription drugs, vision care, and dental plan
- Savings on services such as chiropractic, acupuncture, therapeutic massage, vitamins and supplements
- Life insurance, including exempt coverage at 1.5x annual salary at no charge with the opportunity to purchase additional coverage
- Short-term disability coverage for up to 26 weeks in the event of non-work-related injury and illness
- Optional long-term disability coverage at a low monthly cost
Employees can tax-defer a portion of their compensation (up to IRS limits) into a 401(k) plan, with the company matching up to 4% when employees contribute 6% pre-tax. Employees are able to select from a variety of investment options and become fully vested in just three years.
TIME OFF FROM WORK
SLA recognizes 11 standard holidays annually. Vacation eligibility is calculated on a calendar year basis. Initially, employees accrue 13 vacation days annually, which increases after four years of employment. SLA employees are also entitled to two personal days per year.
- Employee Assistance Program offering confidential counseling for employees dealing with substance abuse, domestic violence, elder care, and other critical life events
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee “Company Store” discounts on Sharp consumer products
- Discounts on products and services from many electronics, automotive, insurance, and wireless providers
- Reimbursement of tuition and associated expenses for approved degree programs, seminars, workshops, and classes